We highly recommend using the following DNS providers when customizing your Portal’s domain:
Cloudflare – you can set SSL with their free plan.
AWS Cloudfront – you can set SSL with their free usage tier, Route53may charge you depending on the use of the service.
You are welcome to choose a different provider, but we won’t be able to provide support during setup.
Note: if you are using GoDaddy and don't want to move to the providers recommended by us, you will need to purchase an SSL certificate from GoDaddy first. Then, you can follow GoDaddy documentation on how to install it.
1. Go to your DNS provider’s website. If you’re choosing one for the first time, consider using Cloudflare or AWS Cloudfront, or make sure you go with another one that supports SSL.
2. Your domain nameservers need to point to the provider you will be using. Wait for
Important: DNS changes can sometimes take up to 72 hours to take effect but are typically much faster.
3. Go to the DNS section on your provider's website and add a CNAME record for your Fantastic Website.
4. Point the CNAME record at whitelabel.fsapp.io
Once you’ve set up a custom domain, your website will be hosted on your domain, but on HTTP rather than HTTPS. Your Website will now appear as ‘Not secure’ on web browsers.
SSL (or TLS) is the most widely used way to secure the connection between your server and your browser. It ensures the connection between the server and browser is encrypted, safe, and appears as HTTPS.
You’ll need to configure SSL for your domain using a third-party DNS provider. Again, we recommend either CloudFlare or AWS CloudFront. Other providers or your own solutions are available, but we won’t be able to provide support during setup.
Here’s what an SSL-configured website (with HTTPS) typically looks like on the Chrome browser:
This is what it looks like if you’ve visited a website not secured by SSL (without HTTPS):
Setting up Own domain in Fantastic Stay
1.Go to Apps->Fantastic Website and open the website which you want to have with you own domain.
2.Add the URL under Own domain and Save
3. Contact us to let us know you are done, as the last step is on our side.